Accommodation :

Student accommodation is a term used in debates over the impact of student housing in the United Kingdom, especially with regard to the recent expansion of numbers in higher education. As increasing numbers of young people attend universities, institutionally-owned halls of residence (often just called halls) have become increasingly incapable of coping with the demand for housing. At the same time, house-sharing has become considered a normal and sometimes desirable part of the student experience. In most university towns today, students only stay in halls for their first year, then move out into private student accommodation. In many towns, this trend has led to the emergence of student areas. These tend to be low-rent areas which are situated near to city centers, and often have plenty of leisure facilities (e.g. pubs, cinemas, bowling alleys) within walking distance. On the other hand, they tend to have lower rents. The student market has become big business in the UK and organizations have sprung up to cater to this market ranging from student advice and student accommodation websites through to dedicated student letting agents.

Health care :

Affordable access to high-quality health care is one of the extra benefits of studying in the UK.
As an international student, you, your spouse and any children who accompany you to the UK as your dependents, may be entitled to free or subsidized treatment under the UK's National Health Service (NHS). If you are studying on a full-time course in Scotland, you will receive this benefit regardless of the length of your course. Elsewhere in the UK, you will receive this benefit if your course lasts more than six months

To receive any kind of treatment through the NHS, you must be registered with a doctor or General Practitioner (GP). GPs are doctors who are trained and experienced in diagnosing a wide range of health problems. If your school, college or university has a health centre, you may be able to register with a doctor there or they may be able to recommend a local doctor or GP.

Costs :

Your costs while living in the UK will depend on the type of course you follow. If you are studying a career-based, degree or postgraduate course, you will need to budget for accommodation and meals in addition to the course fees.

Course fees :

HNC/HND courses £>6,000 to £ 8,000 a year
Undergraduate programs £8000 to £11,000 a year
Post – graduate programs £10,000 to £ 18,000 a year

Cost of living :

Home stay £200 - £300 per week
Dormitory single £250 - £300 per week
Dormitory shared £150 - £250 per week
Apartment £300- £350 per week